Texas Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation (Texas Academy Foundation) is an education organization whose purpose is to raise money for scholarships for students in nutrition and dietetics. The Texas Academy Foundation operates separately from the Texas Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics (Texas Academy) and is governed by separate bylaws, standing rules, and officers. The Texas Academy Foundation operates as a 501 (c) (3) charitable organization. Contributions are tax deductible.
Since its conception in 1983, the Texas Academy Foundation has awarded over 664 scholarships and $485,416 towards our Texas dietetic students. Given the support of scholarship donors, industry companies and Texas Academy members, the Texas Academy Foundation will continue to grow and provide financial aid to our dietetic students.
The Texas Academy Foundation Goals are:
- To provide financial support for graduate or undergraduate students in Nutrition and Dietetics in Texas.
- To exercise prudent financial management to ensure safety and growth of funds.
- To maintain or expand the funding base of scholarships through fund-raising efforts.
- To award scholarships to outstanding students in Texas.
- To facilitate development of new scholarships.