Deadline for All Application Materials: December 1, 2016 by 11:59 pm.
*You can choose to either submit your scholarship application using the online or paper format. If submitting the online format, you will still need to mail your official transcripts to the director address provided below. If completing the paper format, please review all posted documents for directions on the different components that needed to be submitted. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
LATE OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
E-Mail Completed Application Packets to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail ALL official transcripts in one envelope to:
Anna Bramanti MS, RD, LD, CDE
2307 Crawford Street
Houston, TX 77004
- Scholarships are awarded to students who reside in Texas at the time of their application and will be enrolled full-time for the upcoming Fall and Spring semesters. Part-time students are not eligible. Undergraduate students must be enrolled in dietetic education programs accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND), including Dietetic Technician, Didactic Programs, Coordinated Programs, and Dietetic Internships. A graduate of one of these programs who is accepted to a graduate program in one of the Nutrition/Dietetics areas or a directly related area (such as Education, Public Health, and Business Administration) is also eligible. Graduate students who have a DPD Verification Statement and are enrolled in a graduate degree program in an accredited university are eligible. Qualified students must be enrolled full time in the program for the upcoming academic year to be eligible; part-time students are ineligible for this scholarship.
- A Registered Dietitian, who is currently in practice and is a student, as well as any eligible student, may apply for the Nutrition Research and the Nutrition Education Scholarships. (Note: Other students are also eligible for these scholarships.)
An undergraduate student enrolled in a baccalaureate program may apply after completion of 60 semester hours, 6 of which must be in nutrition, food service, and/or food science.
- A dietetic technician student may apply after completion of 12 semester hours, three of which must be in nutrition, food service, and/or food science.
- Candidates who have applied to a graduate program or dietetic internship, but who have not yet been accepted to those programs may apply; however, funds will be contingent on acceptance in the program.
- Applicants must have a minimum 2.75 overall GPA and 3.0 GPA in major courses. A major course is defined as a course in nutrition, food service, or food science.
- Applicants must be a member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics the year of application and must attach a copy of their Academy membership card with the application.
- Academic achievement/scholastic ability
- Involvement in volunteer, student, and professional activities and/or work experience (particularly as related to dietetics)
- Financial need
- Professional interest and career goals
- References from academic advisors, teachers, dietitians, and/or work supervisors familiar with professional and educational ability/experience and overall potential for becoming a contributing member of the dietetics profession (personal references from other sources are not acceptable)
- Enrolled in at least six semester credit hours in the fall and spring semesters, full-time in programs without tuition, or full-time in a dietetic internship or supervised practice program
Notification of Awards
Notification will be sent to the recipient and to the administrative head/advisor of his/her academic program by February 2017. Recipients, their guests, their Academic Advisor and the Scholarship Donor will be recognized during the Texas Academy Foundation Scholarship Recognition Event at the Texas Academy Food and Nutrition Conference and Exhibition.
Checks will be sent to the appropriate Financial Aid Office in August and will be applied to the student’s account if the student meets criteria outlined in the Agreements Section of the Application Form. Recipients will be listed on this web site.