Southeast Region Student Annual Scholarship
Established in 2017, this $500 annual scholarship is given by the Texas Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Southeast Region. The scholarship will be awarded to:
- An undergraduate or graduate student with a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average.
- An undergraduate or graduate student who resides and attends a university or DI program in the a county within the Southeast District of the Texas Academy (Counties include: Houston, Calhoun, Jackson, Matagorda, Wharton, Lavaca, Colorado, Brazoria, Ford Bend, Austin, Waller, Harris, Galveston, Chambers, Jefferson, Orange, Liberty, Hardin, San Jacinto, Polk, Tyler, Jasper, Newton, Montgomery, Trinity, Leon, Robertson, Walker, Grimes, Madison, Brazos, Burleson, Washington, Navarro, Hill, McLennan, Limestone, Freestone, Coryell, Hamilton, Mills, Lampasas, Bell Falls, Milan). The applicant’s permanent address need not be in the SE region; however, applicants with permanent residents in the SE region may be given preference in a tie breaker.
- First preference will be given to those students who have been actively involved members of the Texas Academy of nutrition and Dietetics
- Second preference given to students who have held major leadership positions (i.e. President, Vice President, Treasurer or Secretary) in their university-based nutrition focused student organization or helped to organize major dietetics events
- Third preference will be given to applicants who have initiated and/or maintained a nutrition-focused commity program